The M20 will be closed between junctions one and four this weekend.
The closure is so the remaining half of the footbridge that was struck last weekend can be removed.
In order to remove the structure, there will be a full closure of the following from 20:00 on Friday (2 September) until 06:00 on Monday (5 September):
- M20 junctions 1 and 4 in both directions
- M26 coast bound at M25 junction 5
- M25 junction 3 clock wise fast link onto M20 coast bound
- M20 junction 1 coast bound on slip and M20 junction 1 main carriageway
There will be a fully-signed diversion route in place:
- Traffic traveling London bound will be alerted to the planned closure at junctions 9 and 7 of the M20, with signs diverting them on to routes (A28 and A249) for the A2 and M2
- London bound traffic will be advised of a diversion at junction 6 of the M20 onto the A229 for the M2
- Local traffic can continue to junction 4 of the M20, at which point all London bound traffic will be taken off the motorway. Any traffic looking to continue London bound, will be turned around and sent back to junction 6.
- Coast bound traffic will be diverted on to the A2 from the M25.
- There will be no access to the A21 from junction 5 of the M25, drivers looking to travel south on the A21 from the M25 will be diverted to junction 4 and instructed to turn around.