Vanarama National League
shopping-bag 0
Items : 0
Subtotal : £0.00
View Cart Check Out

Maidstone United Academy vs. Bromley

National League U19 Alliance results (23/11/2016)

Division B

Maidstone United Ambers 3-2 Bromley Blues
Reece Bridge, Jack Richards, Jon Burtonshaw

Division G

Bromley Whites 4-4 Maidstone United Blues
Elliot Capel, Matt Hathway (2), Dale Ashman

This was a highly charged and very entertaining encounter with Bromley Whites taking an early two goal lead only to then be pegged by Maidstone Blues by half time. The visitors then went ahead with Bromley Whites regaining the lead late on only for the Blues to score again to salvage a point.

The Whites started the game brightly and had an early chance on four minutes when Janiah Boyd’s right wing cross found Tahjae Anderson at the far post but his header bounced wide. However the Whites took the lead on six minutes when their influential midfielder Sonny Prior turned well out wide on the right and then whipped in a cross to the near post that the excellent Tyreke Leslie reached just before Blues keeper Thomas Taylor and guided the ball home low to the left of the visiting custodian.

Whites keeper Thomas Hefford then made a brave diving save at the feet of Blues striker Dale Ashman as he dribbled into the box.

On 10 minutes the Blues had their first real chance of the game when from Reece Anscomb’s left wing corner Ashman rose highest but sent his towering header narrowly wide.

Minutes later a good cross from the left from Ola Williams found Prior at the far post but his first time volley was saved by Taylor moving to his left.

The Whites doubled their lead on 16 minutes when Prior’s through ball found the run into the box of Leslie who scored with an assured finish low to the left of Taylor. Matthew Hathway then hit a long range shot that Hefford held to his left before the Whites went close to increasing their lead on 28 minutes when Boyd pulled the ball back to the edge of the box for Leslie who fired just wide.

Hathway, spotting Hefford off his line, then tried an audacious 60 yard shot that had the Whites keeper back pedalling to claim the ball high above his head. Unfortunately for the home side, a few minutes later a keeper error handed the visitors a lifeline when Elliott Capel’s 30 yard shot appeared to have been held by Hefford moving to his left only for the ball to slip through his hands into the net.

Almost immediately the Blues nearly drew level when Rhys Bartlett’s right wing cross found Lewis Scotter at the far post but his goalbound downward header was clawed away by Hefford diving to his right for a corner. However on 40 minutes the Blues were level through a well worked set piece routine. Bartlett’s right wing corner was pulled back low to the edge of the box where the marked Capel dummied the ball leaving it for the on rushing Hathway who stroked the ball home low to the right of the diving Hefford.

The Whites started the second half brightly with the ever lively Leslie causing the Blues defence problems. On 54 minutes he made a powerful run into the box but was thwarted by a good close range block by the legs of Taylor before the Blues keeper was in action again minutes later catching a long range effort from Marlon Peter-Brown. The Blues then took the lead from the penalty spot after Hathway had been brought down by Donnell Anderson as he dribbled in the box.

After some delay for bookings, Hathway stepped up and drilled the ball home under the diving Hefford. The Whites pushed forward for an equaliser and on 69 minutes missed a good chance to do so when Prior’s left wing cross fell to Williams at the far post but he could not keep his close range shot down and fired over the bar. Williams then made a strong forward run from the back before playing the ball into Leslie who made space well but his shot on the turn flew straight at Taylor.

The Whites drew level on 80 minutes when Aiden Enver clipped the ball from wide right over to the far post where Williams rising highest powered his header home low to the right of Taylor.  The action then quickly swung to the other end with Capel’s right wing cross finding Ashman whose header flew straight at Hefford.

A minute later the Whites were in front when Prior’s pass found Leslie on the edge of the box and he turned superbly before firing a rasping low shot home to the right of the unmoving Taylor.

However the drama was not over yet, for after Capel had fired a long range effort narrowly wide, on 89 minutes Leyton O’Connor equalised with a stunning 40 yard strike hitting a dipping shot that beat a fully stretching Hefford high to his right. A superb goal to earn a share of the spoils.

Then in stoppage time the Blues almost took all the points when from a Lewis Chambers long throw Ashman nodded the ball on to Scotter whose close range header was knocked away off the line by Enver.

So a breathless encounter ended all square.

Leave a Reply