Vanarama National League
shopping-bag 0
Items : 0
Subtotal : £0.00
View Cart Check Out

Billericay Town home

Maidstone United 1-1 Billericay Town

Maidstone United 1-1 Billericay Town // National League South // Match report by Ruth Tunnell // 21 November 2020

It was a frustrating afternoon for Maidstone United after they were held to a 1-1 draw with Billericay Town. The result means that the Stones have now picked up two points from their last three matches.

Hakan Heyrettin was forced into two changes to the starting line up from the Ebbsfleet game. George Porter failed a late fitness test and Scott Rendell picked up an injury in the match against the Fleet. Joan Luque came into the side as well as Ibrahim Olutade, who was making his first start for the Stones and he made the most of the opportunity with an industrious performance, capped with a goal.

With four minutes gone, Ravan Constable bowled the ball to Noah Chesmain. Chesmain hit a decent long ball down the line to Charlie Seaman who slipped Olutade in on goal but his shot was weak and went straight at former Maidstone keeper Dion-Curtis Henry.

But just three minutes later, Olutade was to have more luck. Sam Corne was involved in the initial stages of the move and he passed to Seaman. Seaman showed ambition as he drove into the box and into space and his effort was spilled by Henry allowing Olutade the opportunity to pounce and send the ball into an unguarded net.

Luque then went close as he shot from the edge of the area and not long after this, Justin Amaluzor got into space down the right by beating Joe Felix. Amaluzor went for goal but he was denied by Henry who parried the ball before Billericay cleared their lines.

The Blues didn’t create much in the first half but on 24 minutes they had a chance. Jake Robinson got in down the right and he hit ball into the side netting from a tight angle.

Olutade then set up Amaluzor who lifted the ball over the bar. And it wasn’t long before Maidstone went close again as Noah Chesmain’s drive took a significant deflection off Lawrie Wilson and dropped just over.

Early in the second half, Maidstone had three corners in a row. From the final one, Amaluzor’s ball into the box was met by George Elokobi and his header went just wide.

Then with 67 minutes gone, Billericay equalised. Robinson went down just inside the box under a challenge from George Elokobi. Robinson got up to take the penalty and he squeezed his spot kick under Ravan Constable and into the right side of the net.

With 12 minutes remaining, Maidstone had a great chance to edge in front. Amaluzor found Olutade who played in Sam Corne and Corne’s ball across the box reached the arriving Seaman who blazed the ball over the bar with the goal at his mercy.

Just seconds later, substitute Zihni Temelci sent the ball into Amaluzor. Amaluzor got a shot away and his effort went across the face of goal and just wide of the far post.

Then with two minutes remaining, Luke Wanadio’s effort from close to the edge of the box caused problems for Ravan Constable who couldn’t hang onto the ball. Ruben Soarers Jnr looked set to pounce but he was denied by an excellent clearance by Chesmain.

Maidstone United: Ibrahim Olutade 7

Billericay Town: Jake Robinson 67 (pen)

Maidstone United: 16. Ravan Constable, 2. Gavin Hoyte, 17. Joe Ellul, 6. George Elokobi, 12. Noah Chesmain, 8. Sam Corne, 4. Kreshnic Krasniqi, 11. Justin Amaluzor, 14. Joan Luque (18. Zihni Temelci 76), 5. Charlie Seaman 10. Ibrahim Olutade (20. Ibby Akanbi 87). Subs not used: 1. Chris Lewington, 3. Raphe Brown, 19. Dominic Odusanya.

Billericay Town: 1. Dion-Curtis Henry, 4. Joe Felix, 5. Ronnie Henry, 6. Michael Chambers (12. Josh Hutchinson 45), 18. Shamir Fenelon (16. Ruben Soarers Jnr 57), 8. Billy Knott, 9. Jake Robinson, 10. Jai Reason, 11. Luke Wanadio, 15. Lawrie Wilson, 7. Kyel Reid (14. Lewis Knight 81). Subs not used: 17. Frankie Sutherland, 3. Chevron McLean.