Vanarama National League
shopping-bag 0
Items : 0
Subtotal : £0.00
View Cart Check Out

Maidenhead United 0-0 Maidstone United

Maidenhead United 0 - 0 Maidstone United
09 Dec 2017 - 15:00York Road, Maidenhead, SL6 1SF
Vanarama National League game

Saturday 9 December 2017 // Vanarama National League // Attendance: 1,313// Report by Ruth Tunnell

After three consecutive defeats where Maidstone conceded four goals each time, the Stones broke their miserable run with a hard-fought point away at Maidenhead United.

There was little to note in a scrappy first half although the home side created a few more opportunities than Maidstone. On 15 minutes, Harry Pritchard crossed from the right and a looping header from Adrian Clifton went wide.

The Stones did go close to breaking the deadlock. Zavon Hines was fouled about 25 yards from goal in a central position and Joe Pigott’s free-kick took a deflection which sent it onto the post.

Rene Steer then got in down the right and although no one could get a touch on his low cross it came out to Pritchard who drilled the ball wide. Then shortly after this, Pritchard might have given the Magpies the lead after he received the ball from Christian Smith in a good position but his resultant shot only missed by inches.

Not long after the break, Jake Hyde teed up Pritchard but his shot spun off his boot and went behind. Hyde was involved again when he crossed for Maximilian Kilman but Kilman’s header lacked power and Lee Worgan made a comfortable save.

Then on 64 minutes, Worgan kept the scores level with an astonishing stop. Pritchard crossed to Hyde whose diving header looked certain to go in but he was denied by Worgan who some how got down in time to keep the ball out.

By now, the game had picked up in terms of tempo and the Stones were started to look dangerous going forward. Stuart Lewis’ deep cross was kept in play by Aaron Collins and Joe Anderson arrived for a snap shot which Carl Pentney in Maidenhead goal beat away.

Substitute Sean Marks then headed over when well placed before the play moved to the other end. The ball came back out of the Maidenhead box to Alex Wynter whose rising shot just cleared the bar.

With 12 minutes remaining, Joe Pigott found Jai Reason who saw his low curling effort not miss by much and then a rasping drive from substitute Reece Prestedge was well stopped by Pentney. The Stones kept the move alive though and it ended with substitute Jamar Loza finding Stuart Lewis who bundled the ball wide from close range.

As the game entered its final stages, Pigott spun into space and found Loza who was close to the edge of the box but Loza couldn’t hit the target. And with the game in stoppage time, Lewis appeared to be tripped inside the area but much to the Stones’ frustration and anger, Lewis was booked by the referee, Mr Quelch, who felt he had dived.

Maidenhead United: –

Maidstone United: –

Maidenhead United: 1. Carl Pentney, 2. Remy Clerima, 3. Rene Steer, 4. Harold Odametey, 5. Alan Massey, 10. Jake Hyde (7. Moses Emmanuel 70), 14. Harry Pritchard, 17. Adrian Clifton (9. Sean Marks 70), 20. Maximilian Kilman (12. Nana Owusu 77), 24. Jake Goodman, 25. Christian Smith. Subs not used: 16. James Hammond, 23. Ryan Peters. 

Maidstone United: 1. Lee Worgan, 16. Seth Nana Twumasi, 3. Alex Finney, 5. Alex Wynter, 13. Joe Anderson, 8. Stuart Lewis, 14. Jai Reason, 27. Zavon Hines (4. Reece Prestedge 71), 39. Aaron Collins (7. Jamar Loza 67), 32. Joe Pigott, 9. Delano Sam-Yorke. Subs not used: 11. Tom Wraight, 6. Magnus Okuonghae, 10. Jack Paxman.

Who was your man of the match against Maidenhead United?

  • Lee Worgan (32%, 35 Votes)
  • Joe Pigott (29%, 32 Votes)
  • Stuart Lewis (9%, 10 Votes)
  • Alex Wynter (7%, 8 Votes)
  • Seth Nana Twumasi (6%, 7 Votes)
  • Alex Finney (5%, 6 Votes)
  • Aaron Collins (4%, 4 Votes)
  • Jai Reason (4%, 4 Votes)
  • Delano Sam-Yorke (2%, 2 Votes)
  • Jamar Loza (2%, 2 Votes)
  • Reece Prestedge (1%, 1 Votes)
  • Zavon Hines (0%, 0 Votes)
  • Joe Anderson (0%, 0 Votes)

Total Voters: 111

Loading ... Loading ...

Maidstone United 1-1 Maidenhead United