The race is on to increase capacity at the Gallagher Stadium by building a new stand at the north end. And while supporters are not expected to turn up at the ground with hard hats and a JCB, there are many ways in which you can lend a hand.
A fundraising initiative, Stand up for the Stones, has been launched and YOU can get involved:
- Sponsor the new stand
- Make a one-off donation here
- All those who donate online will be able to leave their name plus a message of support
- Make a monthly donation here
- All those who donate online will be able to leave their name plus a message of support.
- A PayPal account is required to manage your subscription. This can be set-up at the time of donating
- Donate in person at the club
- Open weekdays from 09:30 to 17:00
So what’s in it for you, apart from having a lovely warm feeling inside for helping your club build that impressive new stand?
Well, anyone donating £20 will see their photo be part of a mosaic of the new stand, while the name of each supporter who makes a donation of £50 or more will be recognised on an honours board displayed on the new stand.
Anyone donating £10 or more will receive an exclusive fundraising pin badge.
- If you donate via the website, you can leave a message of support for the campaign.
Once the fundraising target of £50,000 has been reached, the stand itself will be named The Fans’ Stand (although the club reserves the right to add a sponsor’s name in due course).
“Given the club’s rapid promotion the need to expand the stadium has been greater than can be financed by yearly profits, despite the growing fanbase,” says co-owner Oliver Ash.
“Most of the funds required for the project will be provided by the current owners but the target is for supporters to raise at least £50,000 towards building costs. The donations are a way for supporters to show they back the club in its efforts.”